Superior Signal Company is proud to announce the latest version of our most popular ultrasonic leak detector – the 3rd generation AccuTrak® VPE. Featuring ALL-NEW internal circuitry, the improved AccuTrak® VPE stands out above all other ultrasonic leak detectors in its class. With even greater sensitivity and a number of new features unique to the VPE, no competitive ultrasonic leak detectors even come close.
The Patented Superior AccuTrak® VPE Ultrasonic Leak Detector is a state-of-the-art, non-invasive, ultrasonic leak detector that can detect both pressure and vacuum leaks of ANY GAS. The AccuTrak® VPE is ideal for pinpointing leaks in air conditioning, refrigeration, automotive and other systems. AccuTrak® Ultrasonic Leak Detectors are extremely sensitive to the ultrasonic sound of a turbulent gas leak. Using a technology called "heterodyning" they translate ultrasound to a lower frequency which your ear can interpret. AccuTrak® Ultrasonic Leak Detectors maintain the original sound characteristics of the ultrasound making it possible to distinguish leaks from other competing background sounds. AccuTrak® Instruments are so sensitive you can actually hear the blink of an eye, yet most background noise will not interfere with detection accuracy.
VPE Ultrasonic Leak Detector Applications
- Gas Leak Detection: Air, Refrigerant, Vacuum, ANY GAS!
- Valves: Detect/hear internal leakage in check, ball, needle, gate or any type of valve! Diagnose thermal expansion valves in just five minutes!
- Bearing Wear: Hear wear and lubrication problems before damage is done!
VPE Ultrasonic Leak Detector Features
- Audio Output: 0 Hz to 4 kHz natural sound conversion allows you to hear the leak, and distinguish leaks from mechanical or other background ultrasound.
- Visual Output: 10 element bar graph provides quick and intuitive visual indication to presence of and relative strength of ultrasound.
- Adjustable Sensitivity: allows operator to quickly identify leaks from a distance, and then zero in on the exact location of the leak.
NEW! 3rd Generation VPE Features
- 20% Greater Sensitivity – our all-new 3rd generation digital circuitry is clearer and quieter, allowing you to detect smaller leaks and faults faster than ever before. The VPE already had the best sensitivity in the industry – and now it’s even better.
- Peak Hold Display – the new Peak Hold function on the display allows you to find leaks and faults faster and better, so you get the job done quicker and easier. This great feature can be found on instruments costing several times more – but it is unique for this class of instrument.
- Over Range Audio Alarm – this unique new feature allows you to keep your eyes on what you are measuring rather than on your instrument display, and still know that you have exceeded the range setting and need to adjust the sensitivity for optimum performance. Again, this gets your job done quicker, easier, and safer.
- More Rugged Design – internal components have been redesigned to make the leak detector more shock resistant, resulting in an even more reliable design.
VPE Ultrasonic Leak Detector Capabilities
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a 0.005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Easily detects any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow – including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting leaks equivalent to 1.5 oz/year of Refrigerant.
- Works equally well for compressed air or nitrogen.
- Not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked gas or refrigerant.
Kits for Every Application
Whether you only need the basic functions of the VPE or you plan to take full advantage of the instrument's diverse capabilities, we have a kit that will meet your needs! Click the "Find Your Kit" tab above to learn more.
Advantages Versus Sniffers
- AccuTrak® VPE is a much more accurate and reliable instrument for detecting single and multiple leaks.
- AccuTrak® VPE can detect any type of refrigerant gas including nitrogen.
- AccuTrak® VPE detects both vacuum and pressure leaks.
- AccuTrak® VPE is effective in gas saturated areas and under windy conditions.
- AccuTrak® VPE does not require the introduction of tracer gases into the system, which can be ozone depleting when vented, and can also be harmful to ones health.
- AccuTrak® VPE is battery powered for cordless operation
VPE Versus Other Ultrasonic Leak Detectors
- AccuTrak® VPE is #1 in technology. We wrote the book on ultrasonic leak detection, our patented instruments lead the industry!
- AccuTrak® VPE is the original! it is not a copy.
- AccuTrak® VPE is the most durable unit available, with the best warranty. The face of the unit is sealed with no pin holes/speakers for foreign objects to enter.
- AccuTrak® VPE has more dynamic range, and wont overload in loud areas.
- AccuTrak® VPE gives true audio sound reproduction instead of the "beeps and squeals" of other instruments.
"I visited your booth at the Las Vegas show and bought your product. I must commend your company for delivering a great product. I used the AccuTrak for the first time last week looking for a leak in a walk in box with evaps 12 feet in the air. While looking for a leak in 2 of the 4 coils, I passed a coil that I wasn't even looking for a leak in. From the ground I heard a slight hiss and upon closer inspection I found a leak at a TXV so small my bubbles did not even show it. I did wind up finding the original leak I was looking for too. I have never had the opportunity to write such a great review for a HVAC product in my 25 years in the industry. I want to say thank you and keep up the great work. I'll be looking at your upcoming products with anticipation."
"I own a small hvac/r business and have used the VPE ultrasonic leak detector for 23 years and can't compliment this tool enough. This leak detector has found more leaks in its lifetime with little or no maint. This is a well made tool that all mechanics should have. "
Owner, Glenns HVAC/R LLC.
Questions? Contact Us
To Order: Call 732-251-0800 or Find a Dealer